RE: OARC field day Sunday

Nice pictures...  I note a rather unique (at least, I've never seen it
before) matching section at the base of his 2.4 ghz helix.  Instead of
soldering a shim onto the last 1/4 turn, the ground plane is angled up with
a small piece of sheet copper:

http://www.oarc.net/photos/oarc_field_day_2_2005/oarc_field_day_2_2005-Pages/Image23.html

Any more details on this construction?  How well does it work?  I've been
using Howard G6LVB's 146mmx32mm dimensions without any shim, and it seems to
work, but I'm always looking for improvements.

Greg  KO6TH

Hello,

There are some photos of Clare's successful portable station here
on the first and second page.

http://www.oarc.net/photos/oarc_field_day_2_2005/

Clare made three contacts on AO-51.

--