Re: AlfaSpid Az/El users

On 24 Jun 2005 at 16:20, Daniel Kekez wrote:

My answers in the text Daniel
> Hi All,
>
> I am wondering if there is anyone on the BB who is using the
AlfaSpid
> Az/El rotator. To those people, I have two questions:
>
> 1. What software are you using to control the rotator? How have you
> configured the software?

I'm using orbitron with alfa-spid own DDE control program that you
can get free on orbitron web site at:http://www.stoff.pl/

> 2. How are you feeding your power and control cables to the
rotator, and
> weather proofing it?  The cables from the motors go to screw
terminals
> behind a plate, but I am concerned about water getting into this
cavity
> and causing a short. How have you dealt with this?

I'm using a standard 8 conductors rotor wire with the two conductors
of bigger size for the motor. I attached a standard trailer plug
connector to the rotor terminals post and after closing the terminal
post cover i sealed the top portion with silicon. don't sealed the
bottom part to allow moisture drainage.

My web site is overdue for updating if a can get some time i will
refresh it but i can send pictures of my installation if this can
help you.

Orbitron '"i think" is the only one program who have alfa-spid
included in his compatibility list. I run it numerous time and he's
working fine.

I have the azimuthal rotor and i cannot answer about the elevation
rotor but it seems to be the same type of connectors.

> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> 73,
>
> -Daniel, VA3KKZ
author.
program!

"-"
"That a democracy can't do certain things if in fact its citizens
don't support it"
Lieutenant general James Conway June 16 2005.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT Quebec coordonnator
AMSAT 33583
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe