Re: lonely up there

Sure, I am using a 10 meter full wave loop. It is a piece of antenna wire
cut for a full wave and ran inside a piece of plastic water pile that I
bought at Lowes home supply. Last year I hung it from ropes like a
umbrella from a pole mounted in a roof tripod but this year I am doing
better. I have built a cross mount out of 2x2's and it lays on top of the
upright pole now.. If you wont to see a picture of this thing here is the
website of our local club with field day pics from last year. You can see
it there. I worked 6 contacts on AO-7 last year using this for the
downlink antenna. The feed can be RG58 or RG6 or whatever as you wont be
transmitting on it. I can transmit on it as it is flat across the 10 meter
band. I had a few QSO's on HF with it before field day last year.

http://www.k4cq.n4kss.net/graphics/fd04/images/fd0405_jpg.jpg

Have fun and hope to see you up there. 73's << John