From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of KC6UQH
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 12:27 AM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] S-Band AO-51

I tried my 20" dish, heard a partial call and then lost signal close to
the
zenith of the pass. Never found it again. Doing this out in the dark
with no
computer, and trying to tune for doppler having drops in the signal
while
trying to point the antenna is a hopeless task. It might be fun for a
computer tech who doesn't mind picking out signals from the computer
birdies
but it is not for me. I suspect that the S band antenna is mounted on
another corner of the bird that rotates in and out of view causing the
loss
of signal.  I will pin my Field day hopes on FO-29 and try for 51 only
if I
have nothing else to do.
Art ,KC6UQH