Re: S-Band AO-51

Art:

Have you tried pointing your downconverter directly at the bird and not
using the dish ?  That is what I am doing.  I can work passes as low as
around 20 degrees trees permitting.  I had to rig up a reflecter due to
the type of downconvert I have (K5GNA with dipole antenna) but every
contact I have worked on AO-51 since the switch to V/S has been from a
1/4 wave mag mount in my truck and hand holding the downconverter
towards the satellite.

Ron
KA4KYI