Re: POSAT

I have been monitoring POSAT for several months on 429.950 and it is not
really being used.  It has a strong signal and it is easy to copy it's
9600-baud downlink.  It looks like it is in excellent health.

As it is operating outside of the ham bands I can only collect data from
it that is being requested by the ground station in Portugal so I do
miss a lot of the data.  However, it is only log files and I have not
seen any message traffic or images.  It's call log shows 2 call signs
POCTRM and EI3U.

When it was first moved off of the ham frequencies it was still being
used to collect earth images and also star images,  but I have not seen
that being used for a couple of years.  There is a gallery of images
from POSAT at http://www.dop.ineti.pt/posat/www/index.htm.

-- John Melton G0ORX/N6LYT