Re: COSMOS-1 Launch Info?

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 05:05:56PM -0400, KA2AEV@aol.com wrote:
> Any word if it went up yet???
> 73 de Mike
> KA2AEV/V26R

Quoting from the news:
http://www.planetary.org/solarsail/latest_update.html

"In an official statement released at this time The Planetary Society said:
We continue to search for the Cosmos 1 spacecraft. We have reviewed our
telemetry recordings and have found what we believe are spacecraft signals
in the data recorded at the tracking stations in Petropavlovsk, Kamchatka
and Majuro, Marshall Islands. The review of data received at the tracking
station in Panska Ves, Czech Republic also appears to indicate a spacecraft
signal. If confirmed, these data will indicate that Cosmos 1 made it to orbit.
We will continue to monitor planned telemetry sessions and will be working
with U.S. STRATCOM (Strategic Command) to locate Cosmos 1."

73, Viktor OE1VKW