RE: Re: Cosmos-1 Launch

>From: Daniel Schultz <n8fgv@usa.net>
>Launch Time is scheduled for 19:46:09 UTC today (3:46 pm US East Coast
>time)
>from a Russian Navy submarine, submerged beneath the Barents Sea. I have no
>idea what frequency or format their telemetry is using.

You will be able to hear the telemetry on 401.5275 and 2250 MHz.

You should be able to see the solar sail passing over during the
evenings. It's pity it's the shortest night/lightest day!

http://www.planetary.org/solarsail/watch/index.html

To find out when to watch/listen go to:
http://www.planetary.org/solarsail/watch/guide.html

Further info at: