Re: RE: S band for 6 bucks

Hi All:

Robin,  KE7ARL has sent the crystal from his Cal Amp 130215 S-band
downconverter to International Crystal Manufacturing (ICM) for testing
and manufacturing of an 8.8125 MHz replacement crystal.  This will move
the IF frequency to 144 MHz. for an input freq. of 2.4 GHz. 2401 MHz.
will down convert to 145 MHz.

Once ICM measures the parameters of the original crystal they will
produce an ICM catalog number and specs for the new crystal.  Once I get
the information I will post it to the website and here on the BBS.

http://www.themidwives.org/CalAmp/

Based on my phone call to ICM, the crystal will cost around $20 each and
have a 4 week lead time.

73,

Woody
KJ4SO