Re: Question about AO-51 and K5GNA downconverters

Thanks to all who replied and so quickly !!  Just heard my first pass of
mode S.  Majority of it was shooting through and just over a roof and
then through trees to hear it.  Couldnt believe how clearly I heard it.
 Will work another pass or two just on receive to get a handle on the
doppler shift.

Had to "engineer" a reflector out of cardboard, aluminum foil and tape
since the post office hasnt delivered my stuff from K5GNA.  With my luck
in building antennas didnt really expect this to work.

I noticed that I had to keep the dipole on the K5GNA downconverter in
the vertical position to hear the bird.  Didnt really seem to change for
the entire pass.  Was this the same for the others that were on the this
pass that ended just before 10pm eastern tonight ?

Thanks again,

Ron
KA4KYI