Re: 2.4 GHz Weak Signal Generator

The cheapest non spread spectrum 2.4 cordless phone works too. About 15 bucks at walmart. plug in the charger but not the phone line. I used to have one that had 40 channels, many in the 2401 range.

73, Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Davies KI4HXT <ki4hxt@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Jun 16, 2005 9:33 PM
To: amsat bb <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] 2.4 GHz Weak Signal Generator

Please give me a good smack if I'm wrong but couldn't you use any old
wireless router .I think they put out a couple of hundred milliwatts.2.4
gigahertz to 2.483 gigahertz. To insulate against collision, channels
are spaced in 1MHz increments, yielding approximately 83 individual
channels that can be used for individual communications links.

  "73"
 Robert
KI4HXT