Re: Graphical Satellite Tracking with Linux

Hi Jamie.

> Hi John:
>
> I modified and rebuilt / installed earthtrack as you outlined above and
> then went to the xplanet website and made the changes they outlined
> under KDE 2, but upon invoking earthlink2 (after running predict -s), I
> get 'Can't open display. Exiting from getDisplay.cpp at line 47.
>
> I have no clue !
>
> 73, Jamie
> WB4YDL

This is just a guess, but I took a look at getDisplay.cpp (from xplanet),
and it appears that the error you're seeing is the result of a problem
with the X11 libraries on your system.  (xplanet can't find then when
it is run.)

I would suspect your Linux distribution is broken, or wasn't installed
completely or correctly.

Again, not seeing it I can't tell for sure... it's just a guess...

73, de John, KD2BD

Visit John on the Web at:

	http://kd2bd.ham.org/
.