Re: Graphical Satellite Tracking with Linux

"Robin Callender" <robin_callender@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Just out of curiosity, has anyone run some of the standard Windows
>satellite tracking software under Linux + Wine (Windows Emulator)?
>
>I was going to try this on a newly installed Fedora Core 3 system, but I
>can't seem to find Wine in this verion of the Fedora 3 distro.
>(At this point I am assuming some operator error as it was in previous
>version of RedHet distros)

Never tried it. If you want to run Windows programs,
why are you wasting your time with Linux?

FWIW: I downloaded predict, gsat et al yesterday and
had it going in about 10 minutes on the box I'm using right
now (Slackware 9.1, kernel 2.6.11.11). This included down-

But then I *do* do Unix (Solaris and Linux) for a living.
YMMV. :-)

Grid: CN89mg                       pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W     - Hospital/Shafte