Re: Re: S band helix

Beware of ABS and PVC material. I test a piece of ABS tubing in my
microwave oven and as good ABS can be to make an isulator on HF ABS
became very hot when exposes to microwaves. PVC is also heating but
it take a longer exposition. I was planning to build a radome over my
patch feed but i change it in using shrinking tarpaulins sheet the
one used to cover boats in winter.

Remember to put a glass of water in your microwave oven when you will
conduct the test. And ask your wife first to avoid unnecessary
discussions...or complaints...

You can show her the famous little light bulb illumination trick in
placing the light bulb on your piece of tubing. (Child love the
experiment) Be honest here adults too...

My explanation microwaves heats humidity contain in the material the
more porous the material and more heat will be induced. I could be
wrong here...

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe