OSCAR-11 Report

                  OSCAR-11 REPORT

During the period  24 May to 15 June 2005 nothing has been heard from the
satellite.

There was a possibility that the beacon might have switched ON, at around
21:30 UTC 08 June, assuming that the watchdog timer was still working.
However, I monitored all UK passes from 08:49 UTC 08 June to 18:00 UTC 10
June, and did not hear any signals.

I have received many reports, from stations all over the world, but no one
has heard the satellite. Many thanks to all who reported, or listened for
the satellite.

The satellite is now experiencing solar eclipses, which have now reached
their maximum duration of 23% orbit time. The eclipses should
finish in mid-August, when the satellite enters a period of continuous
sunlight for the remainder of the year.  It is possible that the satellite
might resume transmissions when the eclipses finish.

Any reception reports would be appreciated.  Please send to me direct
g3cwv@amsat.org, or post to post to AMSAT-BB.

The Beacon frequencies are -

VHF 145.826 MHz.  AFSK FM  ASCII Telemetry - Occasional operation?

UHF 435.025 MHz.  OFF

S-band 2401.5 MHz. OFF

Listeners to OSCAR-11 may be interested in visiting my web site. This
contains an archive of news & telemetry data, including all the data
received for 2005.

The web site contains details about using a soundcard for data
capture, and also details about using hardware demodulators. There is
software for capturing data, and decoding ASCII telemetry.

The URL is -

      http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/clivew/

If you place this bulletin on a terrestrial packet network, please
use the bulletin identifier $BID:U2RPT110.CWV, to prevent duplication.

73 Clive G3CWV   g3cwv@amsat.org