Re: Graphical Satellite Tracking with Linux

Hello all,

I'm EB3CZS, the author of GSat. I'll try to answer your questions.
GSat needs the GTK+ 1.x libraries.
There are a lot of people that run into the same problem when compiling GSat, and the answer is very
simple for the developers among us, but a real mistery for the normal users, so I'll try to explain the issue:

The GTK+ libraries are needed to run GSat, but if you want to compile it, then you need some files called
"includes", and this files come from a separate package in many of the main Linux distributions. So Debian has
a libgtk+ library package and a libgtk+-dev package and the old RedHat, Fedora and Suse call it somthing like gtk+ and gtk+-devel. This is not an exclusive of GSat. All the software that uses external libraries needs their include files to be compiled.

Hope this helps. Anyway, as some of you already know, I'm available via email off list if you have any other question about GSat.

73 and hope to hear you on the birds
Xavi, EB3CZS

--

73 de Xavi EB3CZS