Re: Kenwood TH-F6A question

At 04:23 PM 6/14/2005 -0700, Jim Jerzycke wrote:
>The only ones I don't care for are Pasternak, but
>that's because their prices are just NUTZ!
>You can find them on eBay for resonable prices.
>Jim  KQ6EA
>
>--- Ronald Nutter <rnutter@networkref.com> wrote:
>
>> I am looking for a SMA to BNC adaptor so I can a
>> TH-F6A with my arrow
>> antenna.  I have found several by using Google.  Any
>> suggestions as to
>> what some of you have purchased and like/dislike ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ron
>> KA4KYI

Ron,

I used to have TH7-DA HT with sma antenna connector and found that using an
adapter put too much strain on the radio connector.  I would suggest a
short run of RG-58 coax with a male-sma on one end and whatever style
connector you wish on the other end.  The coax will be more flexible
without the weight of an adapter on the female sma of the radio.

RF Parts is fairly good for connectors (much cheaper than Pasternak).  They
do have a min order of $25, so think of other items you might want (maybe
some LMR-400 cable, for instance, or their LMR-400 N-connectors).

Now you might just check at radio shack because they are stocking sma
connectors for a lot of the cell phones.

73's,
Ed - KL7UW