Re: Graphical Satellite Tracking with Linux

> Hi All:
>     Does anyone here have a graphical sat track program running under
> Linux?  I'm running a 2.6 GHz Celeron PC with Fedora Core 3 and haven't
> been able to figure out how to get GSat compiled.  The GSat version is
> labeled 1.1.0 and came with a download of predict.  Predict compiled and
> seems to run fine.  When compiling GSat the configure program complains
> that it can't find GTK.  Using the package manager, I have installed the
> GNOME software development tools.  Any ideas?

Does GSat need the GTK1.x.x or GTK2.x.x libraries. Try to find that out
first, and install the apropriate -devel libraries (depends on your
distribution, I don't run Fedora)

Graphical Tracking. Take a look at xplanet (http://xplanet.sf.net) It is
also able to display ground tracks and footprints of Earth orbiting
satellites.

73, Luc