Re: [fieldops] VO-52 question

Hi Ron,

Technically you work VO-52 like you would AO-7 in Mode B (since VO-52 is a
mode B satellite.)  However AO-7 is twice as high as VO-52, the doppler on
70cm moves twice as fast.

Since you have the 910H I would recommend you use the following procedure:

1) Lock the transmitter and tune the receiver around until you find your
uplink.
2) Unlock the transmitter and tune around until you find a QSO.
3) Keep everything unlocked while you tune to hear your QSO partner.
4) Touch up your transmitter only if you find yourself off-frequency.

73,

Emily

PS - Since you have the 910H I totally recommend you try using SatPC32.  I
really, really like the way it tunes the rig.  Rock solid...