Re: translator invertin and noninverting?

>Hi all,
>
>can anyone explain me, where is the differences between invertin and
>noninverting
>translators or linear transponders. I think, not so sure is in mixing
>with higher LO
>in input  than for inverting translator? Thanks!
>
>Regards Andy

Inverting translator (or transponder) inverts the uplink transmision sideband.
USB will become LSB.
The sideband can change several times inside transponder depending on the mixing
procedure.
Sideband inverts every time when local oscillator is on the upper side of the
signal and output is their difference.
(145 minus 580 is "minus 435", hence inverted)

jari oh3uw