Re: Re: Galileo project.

Hi All,

Peter's paper is largely written from the position of an weak signal EME
operator worried about interference from the Galileo satellites.

As he has a wealth of experience, knowledge and understanding he will be
presenting a paper at next month's AMSAT-UK Colloquium on this very subject.
We are also hopeful of having another presentation about the demonstrator
Galileo spacecraft GSTB v2A itself.

No doubt there will be much discussion about the sharing
problems/possibilities at this event -if you would like to contribute or
join in then book here http://www.uk.amsat.org/Colloquium/default.php

For what it is worth I could point out that we already share the abnd with
satellite based global navigation system that has been operational for more
than ten years and also, in Europe at least, with tens of megawatt erp ATC
radars......

Until we see all these 24/7 radars moving away from the 1240-1300MHz segment
then I dont think our occasional relative qrp operations are likely to be
even detected.

This is a personal view and does NOT represent that of the AMSAT-UK
Committee of course.........................

73

Graham G3VZV