RE: Re: Galileo project.

1260-1300 MHz was a battle that was lost a couple of years ago.

It is inevitable that in 5 years time when the system is fully operational
we will see a proliferation of receivers for Galileo when that time comes
I'm sure there will be an impact on Amateurs being able to transmit between
1260-1300. An Amateur transmitting in this band will block any Galileo
receivers in the vicinity. Since "safety critical" uses for Galileo will be
developed protecting the receivers will inevitably have precidence over
Amateur operation.

We may need to consider getting replacement spectrum for the Amateur
Satellite Service in the 1200-1350 MHz region but that's not going to be
easy.

73 Trevor M5AKA
Ofcom Information: http://www.g0mwt.org.uk/
Daily Amateur Radio RSS News Service: http://www.southgatearc.org/