RE: AO-51 interference

> I'm going to program the VHF side of both my mobile and home rigs
> scan 145.8 to 146.00 and see what I can find locally.

Why stop at the satellite band?  Cover the whole 4 MHz, and maybe beyond
(aviation users here have reported problems as well).  The more phones that
get confiscated, the less desireable they will be to import.  Word of mouth
will catch on faster.

Over here, we've had success using the approach you mentioned - tracking
them down to the source and then passing the details onto the authorities.