From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org]On
Behalf Of Woody
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 6:24 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] RE: S band for 6 bucks

Hi All:

Drew, K4OMA posted a message to the BBS several days ago about a great
deal on some
$6 S-Band downconverters that he found on eBay.

THANKS Drew.

There was some confusion in several follow-up messages due to some
incorrect information from California Amplifier.  According to Cal Amp
tech support, the downconverters were C-Band units instead of S-Band
units.  They were totally WRONG.

Drew posted correct information later that day confirming that the
downconverters were in fact S-Band units with an IF output of  121 to
307 MHz.

However, because some messages that are sent to the BBS are sometimes
delayed for several hours before they resent by the BBS, the many
messages about the downconverters were confusing to some members.

My two downconverters arrived today.  The downconverters are definitely
S-band.  I have opened up one of them.  It was made in 1995 and it is
very well constructed.  Both units are new, in-the-box and include a
mast mounting clamp.

The specs are:

31 Channel Downconverter made by California Amplifier
High Grain Option
I.F. 121 to 307 MHz
Part no. 130215
VDC +16 to +24

The seller still has 35 units remaining @ $5.99 each.  Shipping is $7.70
for 1 to 5 units.

The eBay website is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5779693954&ssPageName=MER
C_VIC_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores

I have searched the Internet looking for documentation on the
downconverters without any success.  If anyone has a copy of the
schematic, or knows where one can be found, please post the info to the
AMSAT BBS.

73,

Woody
KJ4SO