Re: TE Sys Preamp

You wont hear any difference on FM since in
FM your receiver is saturated already.  So make
sure you use the ear test only in SSB mode.  Bob

>>> <jcowens@netscape.com> 06/07/05 10:56 AM >>>
My thanks again for all of the help I have been given with typical questions of a newby. I would like to get in touch with someone currently using (or has used) the Model 4452G Amplifier. It concerns the built-in preamp. Do you use it? Does it really work? How much improvement over direct. I know the specs on it, but when I have it switched in, and then out, I don't see any difference. With the published specs of 12 dB gain, I would expect a noticeable difference,evem it was white noise amplifiction. I am sure a mast mounted preamp would be better, but is anyone getting any benefit using this preamp?? Your input would be apprecaited.

Thanks - John Owens - N7SEJ