Re: HT question...

On Jun 6, 2005, at 8:47 PM, Steve wrote:

> Here's a list of full duplex handhelds that was posted some time
> ago by
> VE7CLA:
> Alinco DJ-G5T
> Alinco DJ-580T needs 12V battery pack EPB-28NH
> Icom IC-W2A
> Icom IC-W32
> Kenwood TH-77
> Kenwood TH-78 Full Duplex?
> Kenwood TH-79(AD) Mod required to receive satellite sub-band
> Kenwood TH-D7 Voice and digital modes
> Yaesu FT-470
> Yaesu FT-530
> Yaesu FT-50R
> Yaesu FR-51R
>
> I believe that the IC-W32 and the Kenwood TH-D7 are currently the most
> popular. I've personally used both the FT-470 and the TH-D7 with good
> results.

I pretty much confirmed this recently with a survey of available dual-
band HTs.
At least one of them is billed as satellite-ready when it isn't even
full-duplex.
I never did find one that had good receiver and also wasn't
considered "fragile".
I decided to just use the FT-817 and a separate 2m HT that I already
have.

> BTW: I don't think that "dual receive" is the same as full duplex.
> Better
> make sure before you spend your money.

It's not, full-duplex is the capability to receive on one band while
transmitting on another...

Mike W4LNA