Re: Tried but 5 watts and an Arrow.....

I worked yesterday and today with with 50mw on AO-27.  I rarely can
use 51 with that little power because of the traffic.  I've never ran
more than 5 watts on the birds because I don't have that capability.
I think it's the location that has more to do with it.  Tree cover
does a lot to a signal and lack of familiarity with the surroundings
makes it more difficult.  When I did my trip to CN82 and CN71, I had
poor east coverage in both areas and that's where the majority of the
stations were.  Thanks for trying.  Don't know where I'll be traveling
this year but I'll bring my HT and the trusty Arrow to give out some
rarely activated squares.

73 de Pat --- KA9SCF.
Amsat #35741

PS.  I have a hard time with south.  I need 20 degrees before I can
clear taxis and other QRM.