Website Down, More Detail

I apologize for the very terse message I previously posted, but I wanted to
get something out quickly.

Earlier today I was modifying the database that powers most of the AMSAT
website to include new features.  During that process I executed a command
that should have deleted the data that was under construction and
accidentally deleted the entire database.  This crippled the website and
caused errors to such an extent that I felt I had to take the website
off-line until we can restore the database.

The database is backed up daily, however this being Sunday it will take
more time than normal to restore because the IT team that handles the
backup and restore is not presently on site.  Paul is in the process of
contacting them.

This error does not affect the AMSAT Store, which is kept on a separate
server with a separate backup process.

I apologize profusely for any inconvenience this may have caused.  I will
post another message when the site is restored.

73,

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm

Join AMSAT!  http://www.amsat.org