Re: Rohn / Radian clarification

At 11:41 AM 6/3/2005 -0400, Joe Fitzgerald wrote:
>Edward R. Cole wrote:
>

>> My supplier did caution me that they were unsure of the quality of the
>> replacement source of Rohn products they were receiving.
>
>It would be hard to do much worse than the original Rohn TB25.  I have
>seen 20 or 30 of these in service, and _every one_ of them has had the
>casting crack at the holes where the three bolts that hold the mast in
>place go through.
>
>-Joe KM1P
>----

Joe,

Hmm...my thrust bearing for my Glen Martin Hazer-4 uses six set bolts
around the bearing so I guess is isn't the same bearing.  Mine has been up
for six years holding four 21-foot cross-element 2m yagis on a 12-by-12
foot "H-frame".  Nearly 70-lbs. dead weight  and near 16 sq-ft wind area.
Absolutely no problem with the thrust bearing.

73's,
Ed - KL7UW  <new call>