RE: Rohn / Radian clarification

Gregory,

Thanks for the much more thorough and accurate explanation of what has been
happening with Rohn products.  I ran into the the shortage "issue" last
summer when purchasing parts for my Rohn-25 2m-eme tower.  I now recall my
supplier (Frigid North Electronics of Anchorage) telling me of the
bankrupcy and Radian purchase.  I tried unsuccessfully to secure a "25"
beacon plate for the top of my tower (I did not want to use either the
normal pointed top section or the more expensive bearing plate since my
antennas are mounted on a Hazer Lift).  I ended up using the left-over
hinge base plate turned upside down and four pieces of pipe to mate to the
legs of the top tower section (it was previously used to support the
40-foot tower but not when I retrofitted using a self -supporting base
using the 5-foot concrete base section).

I still maintain that the TB25 sounds like a Rohn part number.

My supplier did caution me that they were unsure of the quality of the
replacement source of Rohn products they were receiving.  It does sound
like one needs to find out who is sourcing your local Rohn tower
distributor because now it seems there may be three companies making "Rohn"
tower.

I have 50-foot of new Rohn-25 in my barn that is the original product which
I hope to put up later this year.  I will need a 5-foot concrete base
section, bearing plate with thrust bearing, and guy plates for it.  I'm
hoping there is no supply issues this year.

The good thing is there seems to be an ample supply up here of used tower
coming from commercial use.  The going price for used Rohn-25 ten-foot
sections is $50 up here (new ones run $150, mostly due to shipping expense).

73's,
Ed - KL7UW  <new call>