Re: Thrust Bearing for Glen Martin Tower

Richard, I bought a Hazer from the estate of a ham that passed away a
couple of years ago. Glen Martin makes these. I bought a new bearing from
them to mount on it and it did not match. I called them to see what gives
and you could not ask for a more helpful fellow. I got the women to connect
me to a service rep. and he got the measurements for the holes in the Hazer
from me and had there shop make me a new plate for the Hazer. He shipped it
to me and would not even allow me to pay for the shipping. At some point
Glen Martin had to change to a new bearing company and I am sure the new
bearings did not match there equipment so they likely just started drilling
the holes in there new stuff to match them. The old stuff wont lineup and
that is what I ran into. So why don't you call them back and explain to the
fellow there what you have and I bet he will try every way possible to make
you happy. I told him I would redrill the holes in the old plate of the
Hazer and he said he did not wont anything he made on anyones tower that
did not work like it should. I was very impressed to say the least. Hope
you can get that guy on the phone too. 73's << John