Re: Thrust Bearing for Glen Martin Tower

>I just acquired a Glen Martin RT-936 tower for my satellite antennas.   I
>want to mount the az rotor in the tower and the ele rotor above.   Planned
>on using their TB-25 thrust bearing on the top.
>
> I called to order one the other day and I was kindly informed they no
> longer have them and they are discontinued.   The lady told me she had
> heard the Yaesu thurst bearing would work.  Purchased one of those from
> HRO and it is not even close to the right size to fit on the thrust
> bearing mount on the tower.
>
> Does anybody no what bearing will fit, or is Glen Martin making a tower
> and top piece for which no thrust bearing is available?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dick  K8ZTT ----

Hi,
  which Yaesu one did you get? I'm going to guess the GS-050, I wanted a
TB-25 sometime back
and they were not available then either, but I found the the bigger Yaesu
GS-065 was a match for the TB-25
bolt pattern...  this was on a RT-832 btw but if a TB-25 was suppose to work
on a RT-936 then the GS-065
should fit.

73
Kevin