Satellite gateway thru repeater?

Is anyone operating a satellite gateway through a 2-meter or 440 repeater,
who would be willing to share with me off-list how you went about setting it
up, hardware, software, major hurdles, etc?  Our club president has asked me
to investigate this...

There used to be one here in the Chicago area years ago, but it's long gone,
and no one remembers the name or call of the guy who ran it.

George, KA3HSW