Re:

I went to Home Depot or Lowe's (forget which) and
bought some solid aluminum rod the correct diameter.
It doesn't weigh much more than tubing, and is much
stronger in the small size. Hard-drawn copper tubing
is another option if you have a good
plumbing/refrigeration shop nearby.
73, Jim  KQ6EA
--- "Belcaster, Gary M., M.D."