RE: preamps

> I know I am going to regret posting this BUT,
>
> what is the BEST 2m or 70cm masthead preamp to use?
>
> Cost not an issue.
>
> Current use for LEOs and then HEO when we have one.
>
> 8el 2m crossed quad
> 10el 70cm crossed quad
>

> --
> 73
>
> Jack Swart
> VK2TRF
> QF56oe

Sigh! The best is which have low enough noise figure not to ruin
the overall S/N, high enough gain to make your rig's needle to
rise a little from zero and robust enough not to go into saturation
from nearby strong signals.

P-HEMT-amplifiers are amazing good.
Be aware those cheap "high gain" noise generators with over
0.5dB of noisefigure.

-Jari oh3uw