RE: Time to throw your az-el rotors out?

> Not yet maybe, but this looks interesting ...
>
> http://gtresearchnews.gatech.edu/newsrelease/adaptive-array.htm
>
> -Joe KM1P

This scheme is very similar to the phased array that I have proposed for
CC-Rider for EAGLE. Both the spacecraft would use an adaptive phased array
on both the RX and TX side. The same hardware (with the TX and RX ports
swapped) would be made available to the ground-based users.

For some details, take a look at my paper in last year's Space Symposium
Proceedings [also available at http://www.gpstime.com -- see the entry "-C
Rider Revisited"]. I'm hoping we will have a live demo of the
Software-Defined Transponder at this year's conference in Louisiana.

73 de Tom, W3IWI