Re: P3E question

Hi Robert,

   I read the paper "To Mars with P5-A" by Karl Meinzer after hearing
about P5A only a few days ago.  It seems that from that paper, an
amateur station with a 2m antenna could possibly pick up data from P5A
in certain cases.

   How does the use of a patented turbo coding scheme affect the
amateur population in general; does a blanket no-cost license
agreement apply to all amateur radio operators?

thanks,
-andrew