From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of Joe Fitzgerald
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 15:31
To: yv5lix@yv5lix.org.ve
Cc: AMSAT-BB@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] FW: Elevation rotor question

Jose M. Valdes R. YV5LIX wrote:
> Hello all.
>

> Why 180 degrees movement (horizon/zenith/horizon)?

Hello Jose.

I have this rotor and this 180 degree movement is convenient for high
elevation passes.  While it is possible to track the satellite with only 90
degrees of travel, it is convenient to be able to track the spacecraft with
the antennas "on their back" for the second half of the pass.  This can help
avoid the situation where the azimuth rotor stop gets in the way half way
through the pass.

-Joe KM1P