Why V/S in stead of U/S

Maybe I have missed a discussion somewhere, but I do not understand why
AO-51 is using V/S instead of U/S.

Reading the BB, I understand that there are many places in the world where
145 Mhz is a mess with non-ham stations. In addition, there are many  people
who already have U/S capability from AO-40.  There also seems to be a trend
to move all satellite communications into the higher ham bands.  I assume
that there is a good reason for V/S which I missed and therefore would like
to hear again.

TNX es 73 de WB2LLP    Gene