Re: FW: Elevation rotor question

Hi Jose, YV5LIX

I have so far used many KR-500 and all manuals in my hand are showing in
the front cover the strange calibration of the scale as you reported but in
reality all my control boxes are originally calibrated different.

I would renominate your scale as in my original control box

write 90° in the center (zenith)
write 0° at the left and add (horizon)
write 180° at the right and add a small 0° with (horizon)

Beginning from left my scale is calibrated :
horizon (0°)||||||(45°)||||||(90°)||||||(135 and 45°)||||||(180° and 0°)
horizon

Now if after elevation 90° you are continuing to push on UP you will
decrease the elevation going again to the horizon at (180° or 0°) on
the other side.

When you are at 180° or 0° horizon if you push on DOWN you will
increase the elevation up to 90° on zenith after that the elevation will
decrease again to 0° on horizon to the other side.

This is sometime usefull with LEO satellites when the pass is overhead
because you can track the satellite faster only changing the elevation
without moving the azimuth.

Before 0° and after 180° they have added a small red extension of
the scale as a warning information because belove 0° and (180°)
you are going in a negative elevation and the motor has not electrical
limit switches.

Best 73" de

i8CVS Domenico