Re: 2.4gHz WiFi panel antennas

Hi Jeff,

I bought a a wifi panel antenna on ebay--something like $14 shipped?  Should arrive in a few days.  It was not sold by the company directly, but apparently another user (he had several).

http://www.hyperlinktech.com/web/hg2409p.php

The manufacturer *does* sell circular polarized antennas, too!

LHCP or RHCP, see near bottom of this page:
http://www.hyperlinktech.com/web/hg2409pc.php

Other interesting units:
http://www.hyperlinktech.com/web/hg2414d.php

You can also select the connector type.

Even the new prices aren't too bad.

At Dayton there was a fellow (sorry, forget his call :(  ) that was using a quad array flat panel.  It appeared to work very well!

73,

Mark N8MH

> From: wb3jfs@GBRonline.com
> Date: 2005/05/23 Mon AM 05:24:49 EDT
> To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
> Subject: [amsat-bb] 2.4gHz WiFi panel antennas
>
> Hi all,
>
> Wondering if anybody is using a 2.4gHz WiFi flat panel
> antennas for a satellite downlink antenna?  I know circular
> polarization is hard to come by on these units since they
> are all linear, either vertical or horizontal, depending on
> how you mount it.  I couldn't see why a circular polarized
> flat panel antenna system couldn't be made since one panel
> could be mounted vertically and the other horizontally and a
> phasing harness to combine them.
>
> Anyhow, just wondering if any have had much success with
> them on the birds.
>

> Jeff WB3JFS

Mark L. Hammond    [N8MH]