AO-51mode S report

Hi everyone
I was sucessful in putting my mobile in V/S mode on 3 passes of AO-51. I am
using my Icom 208 with a dual band whip on the uplink as normal, and on the
downlink, I am using a 3731 downconverter  from K5GNA  with a corner
reflector, a in line 6dB attenuator pad, and a power inserter running off of a
24 volt power supply powered from my inverter in the mobile. My downlink radio
is a dual band Alinco 610, with which I start the pass at AOS on a freq of
145.230 and at LOS I am at aprox 145.140. I have no problem tracking AO-51 out
the window of my truck handholding the 3731. It tracks much like the 4 element
yagi I normaly use on AO-51. You may go to my web page for pictures of this
setup. www.stormchaser.cjb.net   click on new mobile .
Jerry VE6AB