AO-51 V/S reception report

Just listening...gotta iron out the kinks.
Using Yaesu VX-5R with DEMI AO-40 downconverter.  Standing out in the
driveway, hand-steered, with Nova running on the laptop.

Antenna 1:  2x2 patch array.  No copy, but not sure I had the right
freq.  I "calibrated" my downconverter a few hours before at +225kHz and
left it on until the pass.
Antenna 2:  15 turn helix w/ cup reflector (from the very beginning of
AO-40; in fact, my first AO-40 antenna attempt).  Finally found the carrier
at 145.200, exactly where it was supposed to be with zero offset...now need
to see if my downconverter really did drift down 225kHz during its 4-hour
warmup.  Anyway, broken copy of a few stations, broken mainly by my frantic
waving about in the dark.  Did copy Don, W7DAS well enough to id...yes on
the bird, even though he lives 3 miles from me :-)

Will try again tomorrow night, still RX only, to get the feeling
right.  When I was pointed right, the bird was full quieting, so I have
enough RX.  Will try the patch array as well, it should be much easier to
point and not lose too much C/I.

I've gotta get me a real tracking system :-)