Re: AO-51 mode V/S 5/19/05 0225 UTC

Mark L. Hammond wrote:

> Wow, great signals from AO-51 tonight!  Thanks to KO4MA, W2XB, N5UXT, and KE4AZN for the contacts.
>
> If signals are this good at Dayton, it should make for some pretty good satellite demos :)
>
> 73,

Mark and all,

Made my first S band contacts tonite on the 0400z pass (20 deg. max).
Worked K7MT, N7DAS and N5UXT with a portable setup. Thanks guys!

I had the Keps downconverter using the 435 IF and an 802.11 8db patch
mounted on an Arrow with the UHF elements removed into my IC-W32A. All
handheld.

I had some serious fades but it worked. I have a pic of the antenna
setup at http://www.vanagonuts.com/ghzarrow.jpg

Thanks also to Mike KE4AZN for his great web page.
http://www.graceba.net/~mkmk518/echofieldday.html
It showed me this type of setup is possible.

BST 73 de KC8ZFN
John Meeks
EN75