From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Robert Bruninga
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 9:37 AM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] PSK 31 Trial

>> Aw shucks.  Missed another one...
>> I wish there had been an announcement here
>> on the BB that there was to be a PSK31 test
>
>you can get the ao51 schedule at
>http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/ControlTeam.php
>might help you to plan your month.

I don't think you understand.  Why do 4000
people have to go check a WEB page when
the reason for having an AMSDAT-BB is for
announcements of special satellite operations?

I don't PLAN my pass activities a month in
advance, with my work schedule, I have
tiny windows of opportunities, a few minutes
here and a few minutes there.  If I see an
announcement the day before a test, then
I can spend about 1 second deciding if I
can do it or not.

What is the AMSAT-BB for if not to alert
the 4000 subscribers of Special Satellite
tests?  Or is it only for BS?

Just a perspective from people who cannot
have time to be checking a dozen different
satellite web pages all the time...

Bob