Re: W0EEC's portable antenna

At 10:09 PM 5/17/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>The latest AMSAT Journal shows several small pictures of  W0EEC's portable
>antenna.  As one who must chase satellites while operating portable, I would
>be very interested in a better picture and description of this antenna and
>support..

Hi Gene,

The antennas are purchased - two small beams made by Diamond and available
from HRO.  What makes them homebrew is the mount.  You can see them here:
http://www.emilyshouse.com/gallery/AntennaPix/Antennas

In picture 1 you can see I have them mounted on PVC and angled up 30
degrees.  This puts the 3db power beam width at the horizon and moves the
other side of the curve up to 60 degrees.  The first pole is a 5'
mast.  The second pole is another 10' pole that allows the antennas to peek
over the roof when I put it up.  They go up in about 30 seconds and come
down about the same.

Since the antennas are close to each other I use a mode J filter on the
70cm side - you can find that article here:
http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/ModeJ.php

73,

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm