Thailand Satellites Gateway

Hello all HAM in Asia

We have just installed the satellites gateway for receive the radio signal
from LEO satellites SO-50 Saudi Satellite 1C that has Downlink 436.795 MHz
FM and AO-51 Echo Satellite that has Downlink 435.300 MHz FM by using
receiver from Down Convertor UHF 435 MHz to VHF 144 MHz from Hamtronic via
antenna Cross Yaki UHF 8 Element  / VHF 4 Element , which has automatic
adjustment for Azmimut and Elevation.  We used 486 DX4 Speed 100 MHz
computer running on DOS 6.22 via Insantrack Version 1.55 programme.  It has
an antenna control ISA from KCT to control Antenna Rotor 2 Position from
Yease G5400B to work immediately when AO-51 travel into Bangkok area.

We used the received signal to repeat through Echo Link VOIP system at HS0AC
Conferences room
for HAM in Thailand can use the satellite.  We broadcast at Uplink 145.92
MHz Tone 67 MHz
according to the table of HAM's frequency using of AO-51 Satellite.  It was
success, HS8GLR can
be contact  with 9W2QC. In the schedule table of HAM's frequency using of
AO-51 Satellite, during
19-24 May 2005, there would be the openning of using Downlink mode SHF
Downlink 2401.20 MHz
by using Uplink VHF 145.92 MHz No Tone. We just produced Helix antenna using
2.4 GHz frequency
to connect with Down Convertor IF 144, therefore the signal at 2.4 GHz
frequency can be received at 144 MHz frequency. We have tested with Network
Analyzer from HP and found that VSWR of antenna at 2401.20 MHz is equal to
1:1.02  and Down Convertor had the frequency change 0.0375 MHz, for example,
receiving at 2401.20 MHz, the Down converter had to receive at 145.1625 MHz
instead of 145.200 MHz and On Saturday, 28 May 2005, there will be the
Training Basic of Satellites at Prince of Songkla University, Had-Yai,
Song-kla Thailand for HAM, students and public.  This station we just made
will help HAM to connect with each other via HAM satellite so the audiences
attend the training will understand more about the basics of satellite.

We have installed antenna system at 2.4 GHz frequency with Down Convertor
added on the existed
antenna already and ready to be tested of receiving the signal in SHF
2401.20 MHz during the time in the table of HAN]M's frequency using of AO-51
Satellite on May 19-24, 2005.  Therefore, I would like to invite all HAM in
Asia, especially Russia, China, Japan, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia
and other to test the connection through AO-51 HAM Satellite during May
2005.

Note : Post and Telegraph Department "PTD", now has been changed to  The
National  Telecommunication Commission "NTC", which is a government sector
under Ministry of Information and Communication Technology "ICT" has
announced the regulations for HAM to use the frequency for transmit and
receive (TX-RX) at VHF 144-146 MHz and for receive only (RX Only) at UHF
434-436 MHz.  For frequency 2400 MHz, it can be used as a public frequency.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of GATEWAY01.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of GATEWAY02.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of GATEWAY05.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of GATEWAY06.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of GATEWAY07.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of GATEWAY08.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of GATEWAY09.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of GATEWAY10.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of GATEWAY11.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of GATEWAY12.jpg]