RE: Deja Vu, Mode B (VU-SAT)

It's a superb satellite and well worth the wait. OSCARs 6 and 7 introduced a
lot of Hams to satellite and I'm sure VUSAT will do the same. Once articles
on the satellite get published in QST etc I'm sure we'll see an upsurge of
hams joining the AMSAT organisations world-wide.

It's as high an orbit as 0scars 6 and 7 (600 km as against 1400 km) so it's
got shorter pass times and range, but I'm not complaining, we've been
waiting many years for an LEO Mode A or Mode B Sat and VUSAT is just great.

I wonder, can the Transponder design for VUSAT be made available to the many
University Cube Sat projects that are taking place around the world? I'd
sure prefer to see them running Linear Transponders rather than the single
channel FM repeaters which are next to useless for real Amateur QSO's.

73 Trevor M5AKA
Daily Amateur Radio RSS News Service: http://www.southgatearc.org/
Add News Service to your Website: http://www.southgatearc.org/rss/index.htm
Add News Service to your PC: http://www.southgatearc.org/rss/newsreader.htm