Re: Automatic Doppler Compensation

Yes, I expect inherent "variables" which exist-- the accuracy of keps,
computer clock timing, tuning increment selected, and periodicity of
program update, all have a small effect.  I too find that I have to make
manual touchups, but the main advantage that I appreciate--is basically
having one side (the Recieve downlink) automatically controlled.

Obviously, computer Doppler control is NOT perfect, but it sure beats
the heck out of trying to do it ALL manually!

I am still learning too, and I hope others who have far more experience
with automated Doppler control will continue sharing helpful information
on the Amsat-bb reflector.

Thanks and 73,
Charlie, N5TD