Automatic Doppler Compensation

A special note of THANKS to those who offered assistance!
I have now gotten both Ham Radio Delux and Instant Track
to work, providing automatic computer Doppler shift control.

There were a few problems I had to wade through, and I
stayed up till 4AM with the challenge, climbing up the "learning
curve."  I had to learn how to calculate the proper Transponder
Translation parameter--(sum of the dnlink & uplink freqs)
to edit and correct a problem with InstanTrack/InstantTune.

I am embarrassed to say that all this time I thought my CT-17
CI-V Level Converter was some kind of special critter, made for
ICOM radio "control," different from all of my other homemade
RS232-->TTL level converters that I had built.

Last night I learned the interchangeability of units, and programmed
my IC-W32a HT with the CT-17 CI-V unit, and I controlled the
radio's Doppler frequency with my homebrew "programming circuits."

Why did I not know this?

When you adapt the pin outs properly, a level converter is a level
converter.  The only major difference is some have split Data-In/
Data-Outs, rather than combined.

Setting up automatic Doppler Shift computer control can be
challenging to get everything right, but I firmly believe this is the
way to go!

Thanks again!
Charlie, N5TD